Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Dublin, Ireland; London, UK.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Operations Research, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, a similar quantitative field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in information technology, business intelligence, compliance, risk management, finance, or corporate strategy
- Experience with data analysis, modeling, SQL, and presentations Apply Here: UK Jobs Website
- Experience in project management and process optimization with data analytics
- Experience in extracting, sampling, and the visualization of large datasets
- Experience delivering production-level metrics, insights, and actions
- Experience writing and maintaining extracts, transforms, loads (ETLs) which operate on a variety of structured and unstructured sources
- Familiarity with abuse prevention, policy, and regulatory systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and familiarity with responding to high-priority regulatory asks in a timely and appropriate fashion
About the job
Fast-paced, dynamic, and proactive, YouTube’s Trust & Safety team is dedicated to making YouTube a safe place for users, viewers, and content creators around the world to belong, create, and express themselves. Whether understanding and solving their online content concerns, navigating within global legal frameworks, or writing and enforcing worldwide policy, the Trust & Safety team is on the frontlines of enhancing the YouTube experience, building internet safety, and protecting free speech in our ever-evolving digital world.
The Compliance Business Analyst team helps YouTube navigate the complex, legal, and policy landscape by developing transparent data strategies, understandable metrics, and trustworthy communications for our users.
As a Compliance Business Analyst, you will utilize data and analytical techniques to define success metrics for YouTube Trust and Safety operations, measure business performance, and communicate convincing narratives to executives and externally. You will work with key business partners to understand data needs, write, extract, transform, and load scripts, and collaborate with other internal teams. In this role, you may be exposed to graphic, controversial, and sometimes offensive video content during team escalations in line with YouTube’s Community Guidelines. You will also work on-call, on weekends, and holidays on a rotational basis.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
- Understand the complexity in Trust and Safety global landscape and increasing compliance and regulatory demands. Lead ongoing and ad-hoc analyses in support of site-wide Trust and Safety objectives, operational effectiveness, time-sensitive regulatory requests, and incident response.
- Develop, build, and measure performance on YouTube for the public and external audiences, and communicate/report in a clear and timely manner.
- Understand user impact of policies, become an expert in what moves key metrics, and conduct analyses that result in actionable insights to enhance user experience.
- Partner with Legal, Engineering, and Strategy teams to prioritize/execute data collection, integration strategy, and data validation/visualization analysis that deliver scalable solutions and actionable insights.
- Collaborate with Operations, Engineering, Legal, Public Relations, and Product Management teams to craft convincing narratives to key policy makers, executives, governments, etc. based on data-driven approaches.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also and If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our .
- London Apply Here: UK Jobs, Become a Successful Job Hunter!
Skills and Experiences
Compliance Business Analyst, Trust and Safety, YouTube - By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Dublin, Ireland; London, UK. Minimum qualifications.